Thursday, March 6, 2014

Day #2

Today I was looking for a super quick meal because I came home from my shift at the coffee shop starving and with little patience for some slow cookin'.  I bought a beautiful bundle of broccoli rabe at the farmer's market the other day and was looking at different recipes to prepare it.  I came across a super quick and easy crispy broccoli rabe recipe.  The recipe calls for broiling the broccoli rabe with some garbanzo beans and spices and lemon juice.  I had a can of organic Great Northern Beans in the pantry so I pulled em out and gave it a go.

I put the beans and rapini (rapini=broccoli rabe) on a cooking sheet with tons of salt, lemon pepper, dried thyme and lemon juice.  I cooked it for about four minutes then flipped everything and continued cooking on broil for another four minutes.  I was really happy with how it all turned out.  Delicious!  I topped my dish with a fried egg and was totally satisfied.  Also, I adore fresh herbs. If every meal I ever ate was full of fresh, flavorful, sexy herbs I would be a happy girl.  Today oregano, parsley, dill and some rosemary graced my meal. (I ate two of those bowls- don't be fooled!)

The best part: this meal took about 10 minutes!  It felt pretty sophisticated for only a 10 minute meal.






This morning I had leftover chia pudding for breakfast at work.  I love that the chia seeds look so bizarre and are kind of slimy.  I totally enjoy it! I also gulped down a freshly squeezed lemonade with some blueberry simple syrup I made yesterday!  I did the standard 1:1 sugar to water ratio but also brought a basket of blue berries, the juice of half a lemon and some mint leaves to a boil in the sugar/water mixture.  Let cool and strain it out.  Lovely!  The color is quite deep and gorgeous. And I ate the warm, sugar soaked, sweet, sweet blueberries with some pudding last night for desert!



Leftovers for dinner at school again.  Leftovers make life easy.  I am grateful for them.



Oh, and Alfi had an egg too! 
and apparently he has no eyes

Sincerely yours,
Larina

No comments:

Post a Comment